I will be at IETI Marikina for a 2-hour talk with our future generation of I.T. Specialist from 5PM-7PM.
This will cover all new and enhanced Security Features of Windows 7. Mostly, the talk will focus on consumer awareness and protection from online threats.
After the retail release in October 2009 of Windows 7, Microsoft has finally made Service Pack 1 available for download on February 22, 2010 Pacific Standard Time. W7-SP1 can be downloaded both at Microsoft Download Center and through Windows Update with the package titled as KB976932.
As with all major system patches it is advised to perform all necessary steps to make sure that the system goes through the update smoothly.
Here are resources and links that you can use to ensure you are able to install Windows 7 SP1:
1. To learn more about how to install Windows 7 SP1 you may follow the advise from this link:
2. For detailed documentation regarding Windows 7 SP1 follow this link:
Documentation For Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
3. For other resources on Windows 7 SP1 such as:
Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
Notable Changes in Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
4. You may also visit the Service Pack Center for any Windows Edition that you’re using:
5. To find out what version of Windows and Service Pack you have installed you may follow this guide:
Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
For any trouble you may encounter in installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1, questions or help:
Windows 7 at Microsoft Answers Forums
For assisted or additional Support for Windows 7: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/14019